Peak Performance Vertical K follows a marked route from Åre main square up to the top of Åreskutan, and will be open throughout the entire summer. The route of the vertical race is timed – After starting in the square, a split time will be taken at the section of steps above Hummelplatån, before the clock is stopped at the top of Åreskutan.
After collecting a runner’s card that will register the time you take to reach the summit, you can complete the route as often as you like throughout the summer. This means you can constantly challenge yourself to improve your best, dare your friends to beat your time – or measure yourself against the world’s elite mountain runners. Your time will be recorded on the homepage and you’ll be able to compare your own efforts as well as those of others who have run the route.
Here’s how to run the Vertical K
- Buy your runner’s card from Fjellpuls.se or in person here in Åre: the "Peak Performance General Store", Hotel Åre Torg or at one of the other participating venues.
- Activate your card here.
- Start the clock ticking by holding your card against the first card reader, located at Åre Torg.
- Follow the markings for the Vertical K route to the summit.
- Register your split time at the second card reader.
- Stop the watch at the final card reader found at the top of Åreskutan.
- Your time will be recorded and visible on the results page.